- They’re incredibly easy to make, using just 4 ingredients you probably already have at home, plus a few moments of preparation time
- They’re versatile – you can add other cooked veggies your baby enjoys, or even his favourite aromatic spices or herbs (we think tarragon goes with them perfectly!)
- They are SO easy to eat, with a very soft, gumm-able texture
- They’re very nutritious, providing a wholesome alternative to commercial baby snacks
- They make an ideal, low-mess travel snack
- They freeze well, so you can make and store a big batch
This vegetarian-friendly recipe produces around 6 tasty fritters.
To Make Easy Pea-sy Fritters for Baby You Will Need…
1 cup of cooked peas*
1 medium egg
3 tbsp self-rising flour
*We like to use petit pois instead of regular garden peas. They’re less starchy, so they taste sweeter and puree much more easily.
Place all the ingredients into a blender.
Blend until completely smooth.
Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan.
Spoon the pea batter into the pan to form 6 little pancakes, then fry for a few minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
Cool and serve.